Understanding the past is key to decoding the present. This makes our A Level History course interesting and engaging, providing detailed insights into modern British history as well as developing key analytical and research skills.
The completion of this course equates to the fulfilment of a full A-level. Read on to find out more about our History A Level distance learning course and how you can learn with our amazing materials and support.
This specification is designed to:
- Promote understanding of the past and the value of historical study
- Allow greater freedom at AS by providing a substantial British element at A2
- Provide breadth and depth of study in a coherent programme
- Develop skills for further education and work
- Qualification: A Level History (9HIO)
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: Edexcel
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 700 Hours - 2 years support
- UCAS Points: Dependant on Grades
- Unit 1: Russia 1917-1991: From Lenin to Yeltsin
- Unit 2: Mao’s China 1949-1976
- Unit 3: Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary Reform in Britain 1780-1928
- Unit 4: The Cold War, its Development and its Demise 1945-1990
Minimum of GCSE grade C or above.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 700. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side. Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual.
Students are able to select how they wish to study.
- Paper-based: Receive your course pack in the post in hard copy and correspond directly with your tutor via email.
- Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. Whichever way you choose to study is up to you!
About the School
Whatever your goal and personal ambitions UK Open College are able to provide a totally flexible method of learning to students on an international scale. By completing an onliine course the possibili ... Read More