This full A Level course can be completed from home at your own pace from anywhere in the world. Students can enrol anytime 365 days a year and once registered can be studying within days. No set term times and no enrolment dates. Adapt your studies to work and family commitments to suit.
- Develop an interest and enthusiasm for economics and its contribution to the wider economic and social environment
- Develop an understanding of a range of concepts and acquire an ability to use these concepts in a variety of different contexts
- Develop an enquiring, critical and thoughtful 'economist's mind'
- Practise skills, qualities and attitudes which will equip them for the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of adult and working life
- Develop an understanding of current economic issues, problems and institutions that affect everyday life
- Apply economic concepts and theories in a range of contexts and appreciate their value and limitations in explaining real-world phenomena
- Analyse, explain and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the market economy and the role of government within it
- Qualification: A Level Economics (9EC0)
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: Edexcel
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 700 Hours - 2 years support
- UCAS Points: Dependant on Grades
Theme 1: Introduction to markets and market failure
- Nature of economics
- How markets work
- Market failure
- Government intervention
Theme 2: The UK economy - performance and policies
- Measures of economic performance
- Aggregate demand
- Aggregate supply
- National income
- Economic growth
- Macroeconomic objectives and policy
Theme 3: Business behaviour and the labour market
- Business growth
- Business objectives
- Revenues, costs and profits
- Market structures
- Labour market
- Government intervention
Theme 4: A global perspective
- International economics
- Poverty and inequality
- Emerging and developing economies
- The financial sector
- Role of the state in the macroeconomy
Minimum of GCSE grade C or above.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 700. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side. Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual.
Students are able to select how they wish to study.
- Paper-based: Receive your course pack in the post in hard copy and correspond directly with your tutor via email.
- Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. Whichever way you choose to study is up to you!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018