This course covers the brand new spec introduced in September 2015. Biology is the natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy. This distance learning Biology A Level course contains all the information you will need to pass the A-Level biology exam. You will have a personal tutor for the entirety of this course, who will be more than happy to aid you in completing this course, and will be available to mark all the end of unit assessments.
A-levels are completed over a two year period without the need to sit an AS exam first (England only). Both parts are covered here providing students with an opportunity to achieve their full A-level AQA certification and invaluable UCAS points. Perfect for students looking to gain a university place.
Students in Wales and Northern Ireland will continue to sit the AS exam.
- Qualification: A Level Biology (7402)
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: AQA
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 700 Hours - 2 Years
- Support UCAS Points: Dependant on Grades
- Topic 1: Biological molecules
- Topic 2: Cells
- Topic 3: Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Topic 4: Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Topic 5: Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Topic 6: Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Topic 7: Genetic populations, evolution and ecosystems
- Topic 8: The control of gene expressions
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 700. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Coursework completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the tuition period, however, examination dates are not flexible and are set by the awarding body. If you require additional time to complete an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed.
Students are able to select how they wish to study.
- Paper-based: Receive your course pack in the post in hard copy and correspond directly with your tutor via email.
- Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. Whichever way you choose to study is up to you!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 27, 2018