Course at a Glance
- National Code - 52726WA
- Code: DEE
- Course Length: 18 Months
- Course taught in English
Join this interactive, LIVE Online programme, for 18 months part-time, to gain:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in electrical engineering
- Practical guidance from electrical engineering experts in the field
- Knowledge from the extensive experience of the lecturers, rather than from only the theoretical information gained from books and college
- Credibility is the local electrical engineering expert in your firm
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world-class Advanced Diploma in Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems)
Join the next generation of electrical engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive course on electrical engineering. It is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Leading electrical engineers who are highly experienced engineers from industry, having 'worked in the trenches' in the various electrical engineering areas present the course over the web in a distance learning format using our acclaimed live e-learning techniques.
The course starts with an overview of the basic principles of electrical engineering and then goes on to discuss the essential topics in depth. With a total of 16 modules, everything that is of practical value from electrical distribution concepts to the equipment used, safety at work to power quality are all looked at in detail. Each module contains practical content so that the students can practice what they learn including the basic elements of designing a system and troubleshooting.
Most academic courses deal with engineering theory in detail but fall short when it comes to giving practical hints on what a technician is expected to know for a job in the field. In this course, the practical aspects receive emphasis so that when you go out into the field you will have the feeling that ‘you have seen it all.
Who should complete this programme?
- Electrical Engineers and Technicians
- Project Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation and Design Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Field Technicians
- Plant Operators
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Energy Management Consultants
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
- Instrument Fitters and Instrumentation Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
In fact, anyone who wants to gain a solid knowledge of the key elements of electrical engineering – to improve work skills and to create further job prospects. Even those of you who are highly experienced in electrical engineering may find it useful to attend some of the topics to gain the key, up to date perspectives on electrical engineering.
The course is composed of 16 modules. These cover the following seven main threads to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of electrical engineering
- Electrical technology fundamentals
- Distribution equipment and protection
- Rotating machinery and transformers
- Power electronics
- Energy efficiency
- Earthing and safety regulations
- Operation and maintenance of electrical equipment
The 16 modules will be completed in the following order:
- Electrical Circuits
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Electrical Drawings
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Transformers, Circuit Breakers, and Switchgear
- Electrical Machines
- Power Cables and Accessories
- Earthing and Lightning / Surge Protection
- Power System Protection
- Electrical Safety and Wiring Regulations
- Testing, Troubleshooting, and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Use
- Power Quality
- Power Electronics and Variable Speed Drives
- DC and AC High-Reliability Power Supplies
Job Outcomes, International Recognition and Professional Membership
The Advanced Diploma of Applied Electrical Engineering (Electrical Systems) qualification is recognized by Engineers Australia and (through the Dublin Accord) by leading professional associations and societies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Korea, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom and the United States. The Dublin Accord is an agreement for the international recognition of Engineering Technician qualifications.
For example, currently, enrolled students can apply for free student membership of Engineers Australia. After graduation, you can apply for membership to become an Engineering Associate, while graduates interested in UK recognition can apply for membership of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) as a Technician Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
This professional recognition greatly improves the global mobility of graduates and offers you the opportunity of a truly international career.
This Engineering Institute of Technology Advanced Diploma is an accelerated, practical, work-oriented programme. It is designed for engineers and technicians who have some background in the field. This includes those who have technical or ‘trade’ qualifications who want to move to the next career step, those with substantial relevant work experience who need to formalize and enhance their achievements, and those with higher-level qualifications in a related field who wish to develop specialist knowledge.
Practical work experience in related areas of engineering would help enormously. It would not be suitable for a student with no relevant work experience. We will review your application and may recommend pre-programme studies if required.
Thank you very much! The course has extended my knowledge in the electrical industry. I am utilising my knowledge gained even further in day to day activities. Great job! Christopher Gorham, Australia
Great course for knowledge and keeping up with the industry. Will recommend it to others. Michael Gregory, Australia
Well done EIT, very good course that is applicable to my work. Mile Georgievski, Australia
All presenters are well educated in their field of study. Information is to the point and relevant to my daily tasks. Isak Mare, South Africa
About the School
The key objective of the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is to provide an outstanding practical engineering and technology education; from Diplomas through to Masters Degrees. The finest eng ... Read More