- Location: Online course
- Certification: Included
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Exam Included: Yes
- Entry Requirements: None
- Compatibility: All major devices
This fully certified TEFL course is a gateway into the world of teaching English abroad.
A TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate is your ticket to an interesting and rewarding profession in education. The 120-hour TEFL course provides students with enough background and practice to prepare to teach English as a second language.
The TEFL 120 Hour online course offers top quality materials, full accreditation and key skill-building techniques with 120 hours of quality content to learn from.
The course consists of 12 modules that will equip you with the necessary skills you need to teach English to students across the globe. The course is delivered through detailed and engaging modules, real-life scenarios and a final examination to qualify. You’ll have access to a tutor during your course who will offer you support, so you can feel confident whether you’re brand-new to teaching or already have previous experience.
Key Learning Points
In this course, we’ll take you through learning modules that will prepare you for your brand-new adventure. You’ll learn:
- How to inspire students who are brand-new to the English language.
- How to utilise a trainee’s main language to teach them a new language.
- The basics of linguistics, which will assist bridge the space between the students’ primary language and English.
- All the reading, composing, speaking, and listening skills you will need to impart in your trainees.
- Fundamental pedagogical methods
- Classroom management techniques
- How to get started working abroad
Benefits of the course
There are a number of benefits for students who complete the professional TEFL certificate, these include;
- Gain key skills in areas such as lesson planning for reading, composing, speaking and listening lessons
- Earn an intentionally recognised CPD certification.
- Experience new cultures
- The joy of travelling
- Sightseeing excitement
- Enjoy adventurous activities
- More options for jobs across the world
- Career advice
- Personal tutor support
- 12 month study time
PPP and ESA
- PPP - Presentation, Practice, and Production
- ESA - Engage, Study, and Activate
Understanding Lesson planning
- Understanding lesson planning
- Components of a lesson plan
- Example of a lesson plan
Duties of a skilled EFL teacher
- Organising the board
- Grammar skills and the ability to explain grammar simply
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching reading
- Teaching writing
- Teaching listening
Discipline and Motivation
- Correcting students’ errors
- Discipline issues in the EFL
- Sparking student motivation
- Communication problems
Education and Entertainment
- Games and activities
- Entertainment and education
- Teaching business English
- Transitioning to a career in TEFL
First Day Scenario
- Advantages and challenges of teaching large classes
- Strategies for coping with large classes
- Activities to use in Large Classes
- Quick tips
- Class activities
- Fun is universal
- Starter level
- Elementary/Primary level
- Intermediate level
- Upper-intermediate level
- Good for any level
The Early-Learning teacher’s tools
- Early learning
- Early Learning Language Acquisition
- What to expect and when
- Ten hints for keeping the class in English
- Linguistic Culture
- Learning across the curriculum - Black is Black!
- Crocodile and a few monkeys
During the interview
- Demonstration lesson: A chance to show off
Learning more about Life Abroad
- Internet Resources for Learning More and about Life Abroad
About the School
Whether you’re looking to learn new skills, gain a qualification or to start a business, Harley Oxford can help you. Our school’s reputation has thrived by word of mouth; to us, we couldn’t ask for a ... Read More