Master of Business Administration in Health Care Management
TheMaster of Business AdministrationinHealth Care Managementis a self-paced learning program, which may be completed off-campus. Study programs are not structured in semesters, quarters or terms, allowing students to begin their degree programs at any time during the year.
The Master of Business Administration Degree inHealth Care Managementrequires students to satisfy the following course requirements: 30 semester units (10 core courses) in Health Care Management; plus, an additional 9 units for a total of 39 semester units of credit.
Prerequisites to Admission
An applicant must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Management; or, a Bachelor Degree in another field may be considered if the Admission Committee evaluation indicates that the applicant has the necessary foundation to succeed in the program.
Master of Business Administration in Health Care Management Core Courses
Courses required are listed below.
- BAM 509 Management Information Systems
- BAM 510 Human Resource Management
- BAM 511 Marketing Management
- BAM 513 Financial Management
- BAM 562 Modern Management
- HCA 501 Health Care in America
- HCA 503 Ethical and Legal Issues for Health Care Professionals
- HCA 505 Multicultural Health Care
- HCA 507 Organizational Behavior in Health Care
- GRM 697 The Research Process
Using one of the options shown below, nine additional semester units must be completed:
OPTION1(9 semester units)
The M.B.A. in Health Care Management Candidate may develop a Master's Thesis under faculty guidance.
- GRM 698 Proposal for the Master Thesis (3 semester units)
- GRM 699 The Master Thesis (6 semester units)
OPTION 2 (9 semester units)
Satisfy the following 3 courses:
- BAM 550 Leadership
- BAM 554 Employee Training and Development
- BAM 560 Strategic Management
Master (Graduate) Tuition: $230.00 per unit
Military Tuition at California Coast University is based on a cost per unit of credit. Textbooks are not included in tuition fees, but are available from the University's Rental Library at a nominal cost.
Active-duty service members, Veterans, spouses, and children enjoy special tuition discounts of 10%.
Students who have previously received a degree from CCU will receive a 10% tuition discount.
Students are not permitted to enroll in a single course at this time.
* Students outside the contiguous U.S. (includes AK, AS, FM, GU, HI, MH, MP, PR, PW, and U.S. VI) may only receive coursework and grades electronically.
Tuition Payment Plans
A student will make a payment of $500.00 toward the total tuition for the degree program in a single payment by the date of acceptance. The remaining balance will be paid at $100.00 per month, beginning one month from the official enrollment date. No interest will be charged on the unpaid balance, however late fees will be assessed on all past due balances.
A student will make a payment of $300.00 toward the total tuition for the degree program in a single payment by the date of acceptance. The remaining balance will be paid at $125.00 per month, beginning one month from the official enrollment date. No interest will be charged on the unpaid balance, however late fees will be assessed on all past due balances.
A student will make a payment for the full tuition amount for the degree program in a single payment by the date of acceptance.
Additional Financial Resources
CCU is in the DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) Catalog of Nationally Accredited Distance Learning Programs (NADLP). CCU is approved to allow the payment of educational assistance benefits to active military members through DANTES.
CCU's degree programs are approved to allow the payment of educational assistance benefits to veterans and other eligible persons under the programs administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
How do I apply?
To initiate the application process, the Admissions Department will need the following items:
- A completed application.
- A detailed resume that reflects your previous occupational experience.
- Official Transcripts: Request official transcripts for all college level work completed since graduating high school, including any credits completed by examination (CLEP, DSST, AP, etc.). You may submit unofficial copies for evaluation purposes. Official copies must be received directly from the issuing College, University or program prior to official enrollment. To expedite the delivery of your official transcripts to CCU, you should go directly to the website of the college/university and fill out their transcript request form. If you have earned less than 12 college-level semester credits at an appropriately accredited postsecondary institution then you must provide an official transcript of high school completion.
- Undergraduate applicants may complete a Request for Elective Credit Based on Specialized Training form and attach copies of certified training for consideration.
- Non-refundable application fee of $75.00.
This school offers programs in: