Every day, communication leaders are challenged to perform a variety of tasks. They need to write effectively for multiple audiences, conduct research in the field of communication, demonstrate strong analytical skills, develop strategies for communicating during conflict, and address communication questions from a variety of theoretical and ethical perspectives. If you’re thinking of sharpening your skills and advancing your career in communication, think Marist College!
Distinctions of the Marist M.A. in Communication Program:
- 100% online format is designed for convenience and accessibility with no residency required.
- Program can be completed in one year of full-time study or two years part-time.
- Students have the option of completing a comprehensive exam or thesis.
- Courses are eight weeks long allowing for an accelerated format.
- Marist has many years of experience in online education and our diverse student-body represents a variety of educational, geographical, and professional backgrounds.
A completed Graduate Admission Application (available online)
A $50 application fee (you may pay this online if you are completing the online application or you may send a check or money order payable to Marist College)
Official transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
A current resume (hard copy or email)
Official GRE or GMAT scores are required. See our GMAT-GRE Comparison Chart to learn more about each test. However, the GRE or GMAT requirement will be waived for any applicant who has an undergraduate degree in Communication with 3.0+ cumulative GPA AND you fulfill one of the two criteria listed below:
- Criterion One: You have taken a graduate course and received a grade of "B" or better
- Criterion Two: You have three years of experience in Communication or a related field.
3 letters of recommendation
This school offers programs in: