Every year, there are approximately 270,000 incidents of ‘hate crime’ in the UK. These are crimes that usually involve violence, and are committed against someone because of their disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or other type of prejudice. And they can be prevented, simply through the promotion of equality and diversity.
This qualification allows you to gain more social awareness about how to promote good practice of equality and diversity within a community, at work, at home or within a personal lifestyle. So whether you would like to strengthen your knowledge for personal reasons or become more socially aware to help you at work, this course is perfect for you.
Who is suitable?
Anyone! Promoting equality and diversity in the workplace and the wider community is crucial to a great working environment. Therefore, this course is suitable to any employees in any workplace.
What you will learn
This course is split into three manageable units, covering topics such as:
- The value to communities in creating and maintaining a diverse environment
- The effects of stereotyping and labelling
- How equality and diversity is monitored in the workplace
- The potential inequality that can occur within a community
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing learners to choose where and when to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to each individual learner to ensure they have the necessary support needed to be successful.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 16, 2016